Friday, March 29, 2013

Brazen Romance Reviews: Chasing Mrs. Right, Game for Marriage, and Private Practice

It's time for some romance reviews around here, this time focusing on some of Entangled's Brazen titles. I love this line, and books like these three are exactly why!


Chasing Mrs. Right by Katee Robert: Broody, haunted guy. Sharp, doesn't believe in love girl. Best friend's brother. These are a few of my very most favorite things, and Chasing Mrs. Right melds them together for one fabulous, hot, fun read. I couldn't get enough of Ian, of how determined he is, even with the things he's running from. Then there's Roxanne, who wants him, but isn't sure how to let herself be with him. I loved the way these two fell for each other, the steps they took both small and large. More so, though, I loved the softness between them, even in the midst of the passion, intensity and even fun. Robert hit that perfect vulnerable note amidst everything else, and this was a book I was sad to see end.

Game for Marriage by Karen Erickson: I am always a sucker for sports books, and something about jocks with bad reps that need some major work gets to me. Luckily, this one didn't disappoint in that regard. Add in the intended one night stand that kicked everything off, and then the no-sex clause Sheridan gets slipped into the contract for this fake-but-real marriage, and this book was a goldmine of laughs, amusement, and tension. Jared is all kinds of sexy, the sort of guy who's certainly sure of himself, yet isn't arrogant in the usual jock way. Instead, he's got this way about him that had me totally melting, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the position Sheridan was in. Considering the set up of their relationship, it's easy to get why neither side was totally sure how to proceed once these feelings turned real, but man did I root hard for them! With a great voice to it, and the kind of sexual tension that makes my toes curl, I totally recommend this one.

Private Practice by Samanthe Becke: Holy crap, Tyler is one of my favorite book boys. Cocky but sweet, sure of himself yet not really arrogant... and so, so charming, he had me hotter than a furnace for him. I loved watching him try to figure out how to worm his way into Ellie's heart, even while he was able to be in her pants. Even more, though, I loved the banter between these two, and the almost naive, stick up your butt way Ellie acted. There is almost something ridiculous about this book, which is exactly why I loved it so much. With Ellie trying to set aside certain chapters from a sex how-to book, and Tyler wanting to just go with it and let the mood (and his rapidly growing feelings for Ellie) guide things, these two butt heads quite a bit, and yet somehow figure it all out anyhow. But I wouldn't mind some private practice of own with this boy...


1 comment:

  1. Great picks.. Made me desperate to snatch these copies.. You know every time I am out to buy English books online, I end up with bag full of romantic ones..

    ReplyDelete