Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Character Interview + Contest: Cassian from Vanish

Having a draki around gives new meaning to a hot boy with wings, but Cassian from Sophie Jordan's Vanish can most definitely hold his own in the hot boy arena. Don't believe me? Lucky for you, Vanish hits shelves today, and there is plenty of Cassian in this one. Okay, okay, I know. I'm notoriously more of a Will girl, but that doesn't mean the I didn't jump on the chance to fire off a few questions at Cassian... So let's get right to it!


If you could take Jacinda on a date, where would you go and what would you do?

We’d probably go on a picnic. There’s a spot I love, near the river … We’d walk there and eat, talk and just be … together with no one else around.

How old were you when you had your first kiss?

Twelve. She was older … a hypno draki already bonded to someone else. I can’t be entirely sure whether I wanted to kiss her or if she “compelled” me to kiss her using her talent as a hypno draki … because even then I only had eyes for Jacinda.

So… now that we all know you have some competition for Jacinda’s affections… what makes you think you’re better than Will?

I’ve heard you’ve had a lot to say on this matter, Kari, so let me say, for the record, that you’re rooting for the wrong guy. Jacinda and I have a history together. She can never have that with Will. I’m not saying that makes me the better choice. I’m just the right choice. We make sense. She and Will don’t.

If you and Will battled it out, who do you think would win? I mean, you can fly and all, but he’s got weapons and that rather hot Hummer of his…

Well … yes, his weapons give him a decided advantage … among other skills. I’ll admit he’s not the weak human I first judged him to be. For Jacinda’s sake, I’m trying to think of him in friendlier terms … and not entertain just how easy it would be to annihilate him.

Boxers or Briefs?

Um, commando… Never know when I might need to manifest at a moment’s notice. In general, clothes are a nuisance. 


Okay so I admit it, Cassian has plenty of things going for him too... and I can support any guy who finds clothing a, uh, nuisance...

Ahem. So, congrats Sophie on the release, and make sure you guys all go pick up this book today! Even better? Firelight is out in paperback today as well so if you haven't read it, no worries! It's sort of like a two-fer, and you don't want to miss the story, the writing, or the hotties.

But just in case you're a little low on funds, not to worry. You have the chance to enter for a signed copy of Firelight right now!

To enter, just fill out THIS form.

Contest is US only and ends September 13.

Please note, this is for book 1. But that's okay, because you don't have to wait to buy book 2.

No entries will be accepted through the comments, but you should still leave a comment. I mean, come on, he talks about taking his clothes off...


6 comments:

  1. Haha, love the interview.I'm Team Cassian all the way. Will bothers me too much.
    Cassian you can find clothing a nuisance when you're near me any time you want. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talks about taking the clothes off - is it hot in here? When is the man coming home from work I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYGOD CASSIAN <33333 "I'm just the right choice" .... Baby I think you are... I think you just may be.

    Thanks Kari! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CASSIAN=HOT loved the interview! Torn between Cassian and Will but leaning towards the Will side but still Cassian is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the interview.I'm Team Cassian all the way. Will bothers me too much.

    ReplyDelete