Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Eve by Anna Carey, coming October 4 from Harper Teen.

Summary: The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.



My Thoughts: Epidemics, etc, are always something that piques my interest in books. So set something after a virus AND its vaccine have done major damage, and throw in some twisted fate after graduation? I'm hooked. I totally want to know what that fate is, the truth behind the virus (man made, perhaps?), and I want to know what Eve finds on the way. The fact that there's a hot boy totally helps. The fact that he's rebellious helps more. And I think this is a romantic angle everyone can get behind, because if he's out int he wild, how much contact with girls has he had? I think this romance will be fiery and sweet at the same time, but I also really do love the life versus love stories. So often, even in the "real world" that is a choice people have to make, and I love watching characters endure it. Then there's the cover,  creepy with the bridge and the fogginess as the colors fade, yet potentially hopeful with the actual pastel colors. Even more, I love that it really does look as though the girl is running, clearly to something uncertain, yet going all the same.

20 comments:

  1. I do like that cover and it sounds like something different.

    Here's my WoW for the week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one!

    My WoW is here :) http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover, it looks so amazing. The storyline sounds sort of like the trailer for Never Let Me Go (I think that's what its called?), anyway that just makes it sound even cooler. :)

    Have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyhe girl in the cover reminds me about Vespretine.(I hope I dont mispell it)

    Another dystopian book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very anxious to get my hands on this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, this was my wow last week. Sounds so interesting and I love the cover. You can find my pick here

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my anticipated reads for this year as well! I'm a huge fan of dystopia and I think this is going to be blast ;) Awesome pick!

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has been on my wish list for awhile now. Can't wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cover! Seen the girl before on another new release. Me--something? Always see one then I forget the name of the other! Great choice!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like it might be a good one,,,alittle different..
    thanks for sharing
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one to add to my TBR!

    Here's my WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh snap!! I love the idea for this book!! I'll never get through my huge TBR pile lolz... everyone keeps adding to it.

    Most awesome choice!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover looks beautiful and it sounds really interesting! New follower!

    Check out my WoW
    Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your WOW! I'm a cover addict so the cover catches my attention first, but the story really sounds intriguing. Adding to my TBR list.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was my pick last week, it sounds so good! Great minds must think alike, so I'll have to start following your blog! Please stop by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also looking forward to Eve. Great pick this week.
    What am I waiting for this Wednesday? I'm really looking forward to this super awesome sequel!

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks intriguing, great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Going to put this one on the TBR list, thanks.

    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So excited for this one!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-5-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-17th.html

    ReplyDelete