Sunday, February 20, 2011

Top Ten Reasons to Buy A Touch Mortal

Leah Clifford's A Touch Mortal is one of my favorite books this year. I've loved it since I read it, and it's definitely a reread for me... and it FINALLY comes out on Tuesday! This is a book where yes, the wait for book 2 is killer, but the wait just to see the finished copy was killer too! Because yes, I love this book *that* much. So to encourage all of you guys to get it, and realize its awesomeness too, I bring you my Top Ten Reasons to Buy A Touch Mortal:


10. The writing is beautiful. Rough and tumble at times, and sweet and poetic at others. It's just awesome.

9. Because you never know when you might be unintentionally dosed, but now you can be prepared.

8. There's this girl named Kristen who is a loon, and is certainly off her chopping block, but she's awesome. And her reactions to some things are just downright fantastic.

7. It's dark and gritty and emotional. And who doesn't love a good dark book in a sea of romances and fluff?

6. Fantastic characterization. From Eden, who this book focuses around, to the side characters, you will get a sense of ALL of them.

5. The humor. Leah has this perfect knack for putting in even the smallest bit of humor and comic relief at right the time, no matter how rough the situation is. I literally laughed out loud multiple times reading this and can quote from memory some of the funniest lines simply because their timing was superb.

4. The overall plot... the whole thing that's going on and the angle to suicide that Leah takes and just... all of it? Brilliant. Seriously. I have read nothing like it before. Seen nothing like it before. Hell, I haven't even considered it before. But now that it's in my head, I love it. It really makes me think, even months after having read the book.

3. The ending? You will not see it coming. And OH MY GOSH IT IS AMAZING. Maybe a little mean, because it's jaw dropping, but oh yes. It's a good one.

2. Boys! Hot ones! Emo ones! Gay ones! Evil ones! Ones with wings! Boys boys boys! No, seriously. This book has a royal flush in boys. Leah Clifford is an equal opportunity boy creator.

1. Frankly, I say you should. Also, Leah Clifford is awesome and adorable and charming and you should get her book. So she can write more. Because I need more. No, not want. Need.


So there you have it. My top ten reasons to buy this book. It's out on Tuesday, so make sure you pick it up! Also, I hear the finished copy is gorgeous... strawberry red for the actual cover under the dustjacket? Yes please.

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes! 10 reasons how you convinced me to get the book. I'm excited now! Thanks for referring this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha great list...you've already convinced me way before all this! I've already pre-ordered it and can't wait till it gets here so I can read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at reason 2:) This book looks really good and I can't wait to get it!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I"m currently reading it and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic list! The book sounds amazing, I'm definitely going to be giving it a try. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Touch Mortal is sitting in my shopping cart on B&N and I'll be ordering it in the next few days. Your reasons are great, but I don't need them. I've been lusting after this one for a long time now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pre-ordered this a few months ago after reading your review!
    Can not wait until it arrives.
    Thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete