Monday, February 14, 2011

From the Boy Closet (6)

From the Boy Closet is a new weekly feature here at A Good Addiction that will spotlight a different well done YA hottie each week. If you follow me on Twitter, you've probably heard me talk about the YA boys I've shoved into my "Boy Closet" and this feature is thanks to that. It takes more than just looks to make me swoon for a guy in a book, and there are plenty of boys who didn't do it for me, so for the authors who wrote the guys who could.... this post is for you.

This week's hot boy is John Moorehouse, from Sara Bennett-Wealer's Rival. John is the football star and popular boy, hot and a little cocky, but he's genuinely caring and real. He isn't so caught up in his status that he is a jerk, and he sees who he wants to see. He's persistent, but gets hurt and shows it too. John gives a good name to football jocks, and his hotness factor isn't so intense that it's overbearing. He's the guy that is the total catch, from looks to personality and everything in between.

And if that isn't enough, here's a few quotes:

He smiles. "Well, then it's [Homecoming] huge to me, too, I guess, at least as far as football goes. But the kind stuff? Not so much."
"I would think you'd like getting picked out of the crowd like that. It means people like you."
"All it really means is that they get to see me make a fool out of myself in a stupid cape and crown."
I giggle at the image. "Now I hope you win it."
"You'd better not be laughing at me like that if you do." His voice sounds serious even though his words are a joke. --pg 110


"I get them [migraines] too," John says. "Does it feel like somebody's blowing up a balloon--right here?" He touches his fingers lightly, first to the spot where my eye meets the bridge of my nose, and then to my temple. It should probably make me feel uncomfortable, but his fingertips are cool, and the places where they've been are actually pain-free for a moment." --pg 187


"I'm starting to think I've got cooties," John says as we begin to sway. "Is hanging out with me really that horrible?" -- pg 286

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute! I hadn't heard of this one yet. I will have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honored to see John in the Boy Closet. He is adorably humbled and embarrassed by the attention!

    ReplyDelete