Thursday, October 15, 2009

Camp Half Blood Series

Though I don't have reviews up on my blog yet for the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books since I read them before I started this, I did greatly enjoy those books. And now, I am even more excited to find out via Rick Riordan's blog that he is working on a Camp Half Blood series- probably coming out winter 2010. What a great start to my day!

Straight from his blog, which can be found here:

"On the writing front, I’ve launched into the new Camp Half-Blood series and am having a great time with it. I get SO many emails from worried readers saying please, please, please, please (times fifty) write more Percy Jackson books, but all I can say is chill, guys. I’m putting a new twist on things but it’s not the end of Percy and friends by a long shot. You’ll see where I’m going with it winter 2010 when the first book comes out, and I think you’ll be pleased (and I hope a little shocked and amazed!) but that’s all I can say for now."

And on a related note, just a reminder that the first book is being made into a movie, now in post production and scheduled for release Feb 10. I will admit, I am incredibly excited for this movie. The books are action packed and the descriptions help you to see what is happening- it has so much potential to make a good movie and the world Riordan created translates even better to the big screen in my opinion because there is so much more you can do with it and manipulate without taking away from the basic story in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment